Challenge-

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5

For it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy."
1 Peter 1:16

Monday, April 25, 2011

Will You..?

What do you see in this world..? Depending on what set of eyes you are looking through there are a couple outcomes. If you are looking through the eyes of the world it could be- Wealth, life, parties, friendship, strength, fullness, etc.. But if you are looking through God’s eyes (Bible glasses) then you can agree that those things are not what is truly being shown. Rather- Sin, brokenness, violence, death, poverty, weakness, emptiness, etc..

There is so much in this world that is not seen, even by many Christians. Mainly because they choose not to see it. They put on tunnel vision glasses and live their life like they can’t see, or won’t see. Something God has put on my heart lately is vision. Do I see what He wants me to see? Sometimes I must ask myself that and really look into myself and ask God to reveal… To reveal His vision. And it is my prayer, and should be the prayer of all who call Him Father, that He not only reveal His vision to me, but that I also see it for what He wants me to see it.

Even more than just seeing, but that I actually DO something about it! What good is seeing if there is no action to follow. Will I be ready..? Ready to answer the call? When I see something that brings pain and brokenness to a non-believer, will I be ready and willing to take action? In times of darkness, in times of need… In times of misery, wounds, and disease. In times of anguish, in times of loneliness. Will I be ready to bring light to the lost? Will I be ready to lift up the broken? Will I be ready to feed to the hungry? When there seems like there is no hope left in this sin-driven world, like there is no more light to be shown… Will I manifest Christ’s love, His light, His strength… His sacrifice..?

WILL YOU?

It is easy to know what set of eyes you are looking through. First of all, if you are not a Christian/Christ Follower, then by default you look through the eyes of the world. The sad and all too unfortunate reality is that Christians are not always in focus. We do not always choose to be looking through the eyes of God. Too often we become content with where we are, where others are and where the world is. I say “we” because sadly I do it sometimes. Lately God has been working on my heart, changing my desires and refocusing my vision. How? Through His Word. The more you read and actually ponder, meditate and apply the Bible to your life the more God works on and in you.

I say these things not to spit in anyone’s face, but to bring exhortation to the lost warriors. Those who have had a passion for the lost and have forgotten the purpose of his or her existence. Also to those who have been and are faithful to the Lord. To bring hope to their vision and to help keep their vision focused. Because there are warriors out there… Warriors who will sacrifice everything for the sake of the Lord! I wish to live as the Apostle Paul did. In the knowledge and realization of the strength and power of God! We are not bound to this world! This world is only practice, practice for the eternal. What will our lives amount to in the end if nothing is done for Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment