Challenge-

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5

For it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy."
1 Peter 1:16

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Real

Verse 1
For the longest time I've been living my own life,
putting on the mask of the world.
Living for sin and faking for Christ.
Deceiving those I love and destroying myself.

Chorus
Now its time to get real!
To tear it off and lay it down.
To live for Christ and die to self.
Lord forgive me! I want to follow You!

Verse 2
It seems so right at the time,
feels so good, lack of mind,
self fulfilled, world defined.
Time spent, life wasted.
Love destroyed, purpose deprived.

Bridge
And in my mind, now its time...
To get Real! The Real..!
Because of Christ, now Spirit filled...
I can be Real!

Verse 3
In the dark I hid who I am.
No in the light I can't bare who I was.
But I'm changed!
Time invested, life saved,
Love demonstrated, purpose driven.

Chorus
Now I'm real!
I tore it off and gave it up.
Sins forgiven, I want to live for You!
Christ within me, Lord, I will follow You!

No comments:

Post a Comment